Let's start with a few concepts of laser engraving. What is laser engraving? In the traditional concept of carving, we understand that carving is a beautiful pattern dug out by teachers with carving knives or electric tools.
The so-called laser carving is carving with laser technology. Its principle is to use the laser heat energy to burn and the chemical change of the carving surface to produce the carving mark.
Compared with the hand-held tools, the laser engraving machine can control the engraving characters and patterns, the size and the engraving patterns. The disadvantage is that it is not as three-dimensional as manual physical carving. Laser engraving machine is mainly used for shallow engraving.
The concept is very clear. Let's talk about the structure of the laser engraving machine. The main needs of the laser engraving machine are to realize the engraving function.
The software is mainly required to control several components of the mechanical transmission laser luminous source. The software, as a human-computer interaction page, is used to edit image text, adjust parameters and stop.
The traditional engraving machine is driven by a step motor or a servo motor by a mechanical transmission part. Of course, because of the characteristics of laser, many modern machines have used galvanometer systems to control the position of laser by controlling the small movement of lens angle.
The laser light source is the core component of laser engraving. The characteristics of the light source determine the material effect of laser engraving. The size of energy has a significant impact on the depth and speed of engraving.
Classification of laser engraving machine light sources.
At present, the common light sources of laser engraving machines sold on the market mainly include CO2 light source, optical fiber light source, purple light source, green light source and diode light source. The laser wavelength is different, and the engraving efficiency is also different.
● The CO2 laser engraving machine is mainly suitable for carving of non-metallic materials such as wood, leather and plastic.
● For optical fiber light source, the main engraving materials are metal or paint with high surface density. Wood is generally not good at carving, unless the density is large, it can be carved.
● Purple light source is a relatively advanced light source, with very detailed carving and a wide range of carving.
● Green light source, we may see many stereo images in the middle of acrylic acid, generally with green light source carving. It can carve transparent glass and other materials.
● Diode light source, which was originally the light source of stage lighting, has achieved a splendid turn in the laser engraving industry. Its engraving principle is similar to that of cigarette butts under the sun of a magnifying glass.
Selection criteria of laser engraving machine:
I believe that many friends who want to buy laser engraving machines are more concerned about this problem. You must want to choose an economical and practical type of laser machine. Therefore, you can know the advantages and disadvantages of various laser machines before selecting them.
● CO2 laser engraving machine: the advantages are wide range of engraving materials, wood, plastic, rubber, etc., large power, fast engraving speed, and high precision. Disadvantages The weight of machinery is generally 40-50 kg, which is inconvenient to move, and the general price is suitable for factories.
● Optical fiber laser engraving machine, featuring fast engraving accuracy, is suitable for batch operation in the factory and can be connected to the automatic production line in the factory. Disadvantages: The machine has a large volume and a weight of more than 30 kg.
● Purple laser engraving machine, advantages: it has a wide range of engraving materials, which can be used to carve metal or nonmetal. One machine can be used for multiple purposes. The disadvantage is that it is expensive and the machine is heavy. It is applicable to high-end manufacturing industry.
● Green light laser engraving machine has the advantage that it can realize three-dimensional positioning engraving. The disadvantages are large size and high price.
● Diode laser engraving machine, low price, small volume and easy to move. Disadvantages slow carving speed, can not carve pure metal. Due to the speed limit, it is generally applicable to small batch customization of individual DIY families or small and medium-sized enterprises.