In the processing process of laser cutting machine, the section of carbon steel can be cut very smoothly to achieve the effect similar to "mirror", which is called "bright face cutting". Of course, bright surface cutting is first used for medium and thick carbon steel plates. Carbon steel plates are too thin or too thick to achieve bright surface cutting. So how to do bright cutting?
1. Control the cutting speed. Too fast cutting speed will easily lead to incomplete burning of carbon steel plate, and carbon steel cannot be cut through, while too slow cutting speed will lead to excessive burning, which will melt and deform carbon steel. Therefore, on the premise of ensuring that the carbon steel does not deform, the cutting speed should be increased as much as possible to achieve rapid penetration.
2. Adjust the cutting air pressure. When carbon steel is cut with oxygen, the combustion of the material will release a lot of heat, so the oxygen pressure cannot be too high. Generally speaking, the lower the air pressure within the cutting range, the brighter the cut section. However, in order to ensure the cutting stability, a certain proportion will be increased on the basis of the blocking air pressure.
3. Adjust the nozzle height. The nozzle height will affect the beam quality, oxygen purity and gas flow direction. When the nozzle is lower, the beam quality is better, while the oxygen purity is higher, and the gas flow direction is smaller. Therefore, the nozzle height should be adjusted as low as possible for bright cutting.
4. Adjust the cutting focus. The beam emitted by the nozzle of the fiber laser has a certain diameter, and the nozzle is generally smaller when cutting bright surfaces. If the focus is too large, the nozzle will become hot, affecting the cutting quality and stability, or even directly causing nozzle damage. Therefore, it is necessary to find out the maximum focus value that the nozzle size can withstand, and then adjust it.
5. Adjust the cutting power. For plates of different thicknesses, the greater the thickness is, the higher the power required. On the contrary, the smaller the thickness is, the lower the power required. Therefore, the power should be adjusted according to the actual thickness of the plate to achieve the best cutting power.
Of course, there must be more than these factors when using laser cutting machine to cut boards to achieve bright cutting, which requires our operators to practice in actual operation, gradually improve the cutting process, and cut bright craft works